Monday, September 6, 2010

That Same Feeling......

Last night was a great night of fun for our family.  Don and I got that same feeling we used to feel when we were kids going to the fair.  We enjoyed eating corn dogs, ice cream, snow cones and of course you can't go to a fair without eating a funnel cake.  It was the 2nd annual Pioneer days in our little town with all of the usual fair rides. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening complete with perfect weather.  It started out sunny and a little hot, but by nightfall it was just right.  You could smell fall in the air.  The sounds of the music and the rides and the children laughing made it even more perfect.  Although, I don't think they have updated the music on the rides since Don and I were kids.  We found our self singing to the music and thinking our kids probably had no clue what these songs were. The fair was large enough to offer variety and entertainment, but small enough to feel safe and the kids were able to hook up with their friends and run around.  Tyler took a girl ( which I can't even go there right now, I am having trouble admiting he is growing up) , Kanon hooked up with about 13 of his closest friends (you know Kanon, Mr. Social) and Parker and Grayson always found someone they wanted to ride with. Don was glad he found the men to talk football with and I, of course love running into friends as well.  I hope my friend Jannae's stomach feels ok today.  I think she rode just as much as the kids.  I tried to take pictures, but they are mostly of the little ones.  Tyler and Kanon are not too keen on Mom and the camera trying to capture their every move.
Doesn't that look like Fun?
Grayson has NO fear when it comes to riding rides.  I guess that's what you get when she is the 4th
child with a house full of brothers.
Look at those faces!!
Kanon trying to drive with his right hand.  He is left handed and broke that wrist playing volleyball on Friday.
That's Parker, his friend Logan (that you can't see) and Grayson.  I'm not sure what
they are doing, but look at that smile.
They are definitely having fun.
I tried to take a few pictures after dark, but my camera didn't do it justice.  Another reason for my sweet husband to purchase me a REAL camera. Hint..Hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment