Sunday, August 15, 2010

Game On!!!

Friday night was Kanon's first football game.  Even though it was only a scrimmage game, it was fun to watch and even more fun for Kanon to play in.  I had to admit I was very skeptical about this football thing, but he loves it.  It's been hard work for him the past week in the 100 degree heat, but it was all worth it Friday night. I don't think he cares (nor do I) how much playing time he gets, he is just enjoying being part of the team.  After the middle school game, we stayed to watch the purple hurricanes pre-season game against Woodland.  The kids enjoyed being with their friends. Grayson on the sidelines sitting with 3 other little girls with the cheerleaders, Kanon, Parker and Tyler hanging out with their friends. It was a great night. I would have enjoyed it much better if Don could have been with us.  In all the years of our marriage, I don't believe we have ever enjoyed a Friday night football game together.  First, because he was coaching, then because he was announcing the games on the radio and now because he is Athletic Director for another high school and responsible for making sure things run smoothly there on Friday nights.  Since I don't have him by my side, I use this time to sit with my friends and try my best to keep up with all my kids. That's a major feat in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment