Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day of School

As I sit here writing this I am a little sad.  Today is the first day of school and it is so quiet in our house.  All of my little ones (and big ones) went back to school today.  Tyler is a sophmore today, Kanon is an 8th grader, Parker a 4th grader and Grayson (the baby) a 3rd grader.  This was the first year in about 10 years that I didn't go into the primary school to drop one off. That is definitely bittersweet.  I know they can't stay little forever, but time could slow down just a little.  During the noisy summer days, I long for school to start but then it does and I take it all back.  I want them back home with me.  They all woke up this morning and got dressed, had breakfast and were ready to go without me having to raise my voice even once. Boy....I hope that part continues.  After dropping the kids off this morning, I enjoyed having some adult conversation with my sweet friend Kim at Starbucks.  This has become our annual tradition for the first day of school.  It seemed like that was everyone else's tradition too as we saw lots of our friends there this morning.  We all enjoyed chatting about who our kids got for teachers and what a great time this is in their sweet lives.

Don also has an exciting day ahead as he has lunch today with Vince Dooley and then goes to work for his school's open house tonight.  I pray that this year brings wonderful opportunities, continued blessings and new friends to our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment