Friday, September 11, 2015

A tribute to my Father....

Full of life, opiniated and funny are just a few words that come to my mind when I think of daddy. I was a daddy's girl through and through... I instantly became 12 when I was around him and always wanted to please him. He was proud of me, Don and the kids. I can see him now sitting around the table at Parkers Restaurant in Dalton telling stories and laughing and picking at the waitresses. He knew everyone and never met a stranger. As people stood in line out the door to pay their respects to my daddy at his viewing, that spoke volumes to my heart. He may not have always done the right thing in some situations, but he was my hero. He played hard and he loved me more than anything and I always knew that. I have tried to learn from him through some of the mistakes he made, but I am proud he was my daddy. Rest in peace daddy. I'm sure everyone in heaven is laughing right now at your jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment