Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our Weekend Getaway...

There is nothing better than a weekend getaway with your family.  I had the time of my life just being able to have my sweet family all to myself with no activities or distractions.  A few weeks ago, we decided to head to Gatlinburg for the Presidents Day Holiday "weekend".  We stayed at the Music Road Hotel, ate great food and had a blast doing all those "tourist sightseeing things".  Don and I realized that growing up we always went to Gatlinburg, but as parents we had never taken our children...so off we went.  I don't have to have a 10,000 vacation to have fun, just give me my wonderful family, clear our schedules and I'm happy.  Although, I must add that BIG vacation is coming.  We are all headed to Hawaii in May of next year.  This is something I actually have won with my company and its perfect timing allows for the family to go and serve as Tyler's senior trip.  But for now....back to reality and Gatlinburg.  It was cold and rainy, but that didn't stop us from doing everything we wanted to do.
Grayson and Parker enjoyed swimming even if it was 11:30 at night.  The water was cold and the enclosure was a million degrees, but they didn't care.  The big kids along with dad were ready to turn in for the night so they skipped this.
The mini replica of Herbie was great.  And as you can see below......she just could not make up her mind.
There was so much candy to choose from...so instead I think she just got one of everything.  I cringed when they weighed her bag.  But, her smiles were worth it.  Parker on the other hand knew just what he wanted.  Popcorn flavored jelly beans....yuck!  We probably should make an appointment with the dentist after all the candy.
The rest of the trip included Ober Gatlinburg, riding go carts, visiting Ripley's Believe it or not Museum, Haunted Mansion and earthquake the ride.  Don and the little ones are actually the ones who attended the Ripley's Haunted mansion while me, Kanon and Tyler shopped for souvenirs.  I think that was actually backwards....the little ones love getting scared!  When given the choice I will always sit out those kind of events. I have never enjoyed haunted things, not even as a teenager.

We ate lunch at Johnny Rockets to get dry and then made sure we hadn't missed anything.  If we did miss anything, it will have to wait until next time.

Thank you family for a great weekend!!! I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment