Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Break

What a great winter break from school for the family.  The children were out of school last Friday and Monday.  We enjoyed some time to recharge our batteries and not have to be in a million different places. During the break we received a surprise, we were blessed with an amazing snow.  It was beautiful!! The kids had a great time playing in it.  I'm thinking it's really the first big (well big for our area) snow Parker and Grayson have seen. Parker and Grayson couldn't wait to start playing and even played Friday night along with the two older boys and dad (way to cold for me... I stayed inside for that one).  Saturday morning, we got up and we're outside playing by 9:30am before any of it could melt away. I think snow brings out the kid in everyone a little.  We didn't have sleds, so we had to get creative with cookie sheets.  They actually worked pretty well. Later that afternoon, after making sure roads were clear, Don and I spent the afternoon shopping and enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner alone to celebrate Valentines Day.  Thank you honey for a great Valentines Day Celebration. Our family is so busy most of the time with activities that when we get the chance to stay home and just enjoy being together, we jump on it.  So... after Church on Sunday, that's just what we did.  I love it when the entire family is at home. It gives me such a warm feeling.  I know that everyone is safe, secure and happy. On Monday, we decided to go as a family and find something fun to do.  We chose bowling and we were terrible at it, but had a blast!  Make sure you ask my family who won...Ha!  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I am truly blessed with an amazing husband and wonderful children, I love you all very much!
Our House




No comments:

Post a Comment