Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Wedding

These cupcakes were so cute in person, the picture really doesn't do them justice.
 The rehearsal was followed by dinner at Little Rome (a favorite).  This was the sign out front.
Even though it was a late night on Friday, we had a great time having dinner with everyone.  Grayson and Parker were asleep before we left Chatsworth heading home.  The wedding rehearsal and dinner ran a little late, but Grayson and Parker were great not complaining even once.  Don and Kanon were at a football game and Tyler was at relay for life.  Since they were not actual members of the bridal party, they didn't have to be at this part of the festivities.
These are the adorable gifts Parker and Grayson received.  LOVED them!



The pictures of my family all dressed up bring tears to my eyes.  I am so incredibly blessed with a handsome husband and sons and a beautiful daughter.  It's special days like this that make me proud to be wife and mother to this bunch.  Each one of us played a special part on this day for my cousin Derek who played a special part in our big day almost 18 years ago as our ringbearer.  We wish Derek and Ashley all the happiness in the world.
The decorations and colors were beautiful and the the reception was filled with surprises that were hilarious and only added to the memories of the day.  The "Village People" showed up and were very entertaining.  Derek and my Aunt Lorine's dance music was temporarily interrupted, then changed....LOVED that! And.......

of course Don couldn't miss the Georgia game.  As you see here he is watching it on his phone during the reception with Kanon right beside him.  The funny part is....everybody expected him to do just that and didn't mind at all.  Don did say at the end of the day, his children would not be allowed to get married during football season and if they tried he wasn't paying.  HA...that's serious.
Cake was beautiful....I have lots more pictures to share...as Don put it...I took pictures of everything down to the bricks on the Church.  It was such a great day, I didn't want to miss a thing and I wanted to remember all the fun.  But, after all the pictures I took..I didn't get a picture of the grooms cake which was hilarious, it was a zombie cake. Derek and Ashley definitely let their personality and their sense of humor shine through during their wedding which I think was the best part of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment