Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Basketball Star

Parker's basketball season is over for now, but he came out a winner.  He had his banquet last Monday and I was so proud of my little man.  Not only did he get his regular trophy, but he also was awarded Most Improved!  He loves basketball and gives it his best on the court.  I can't wait to see him as he gets older.  It only gets tougher and takes practice and dedication to be successful.  He says he can't wait and has big plans for his basketball "career".  I love the fact that he dreams big and we will support him every step of the way.  This last week has been tough for all of us... but even tougher for Parker. I hope I can type this without crying.  "Mamaw" went to live at a nursing home where they can care for her and keep her healthy and safe.  Parker loved spending time with her on a daily basis and will miss that so much.  Even though he will see her  weekly, he is used to coming home from things like his basketball banquet and running downstairs to show her his awards.  I pray God gives him a peace about this and helps him understand the new arrangements for mamaw were necessary.  We went to visit on Sunday and he took his trophy and medal to show her.  This visit was special for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment