Monday, October 4, 2010

Homecoming 2010

Friday night was so much fun watching my Tyler creating those special high school memories that someday he will look back on and wonder where the time went.  The homecoming game and dance was Friday night. It started with pictures at The Reserve, then dinner, game and dance.  The girls all looked beautiful and I must say Tyler looked very handsome.  I promise I would say that even if he was not mine.  Kanon had his friend Pierce tag along and Grayson and Parker enjoyed their friends at the game as well.  Tyler had a date for the dance, but I love how they all went together as a group. Boys don't usually get really excited about things like this, but I could tell Tyler enjoyed himself. He didn't even complain about all the pictures us moms were taking. I enjoyed having dinner with Lisa, Nancy and Sue.  It's so nice to know my child's friends parents.  Nancy's daughter Ashley and Tyler have been best friends for as long as I can recall and Sue's son, Sam, and Tyler were in Kindergarten together at Trinity.  Lisa's son and Tyler have a unique bond, they both share the last name Breedlove and they are not related at all.  I think  that's funny because our last name is not common around here.  It's fun to watch them grow up together and watch them change over the years.  I have to admit I got a little emotional when I saw Tyler dressed up for this dance.  He dresses up on occasion and has been to more than one dance, but this one was a little different.  He looked older and acted older.  It didn't help that some of his friends who I have carted all over town over the years were now driving to this dance. It turned out to be a great evening with only minimal high school drama and as for me, I really better get used to this idea of him growing up or I will never make it through that first date in his car, Prom or graduation.  I am however truly blessed.  He is a wonderful Christian boy with his heart in the right place.  I pray he continues to make good decisions and continues to have a sweet group of friends.
Tyler and his date Katie
Me and my sweet boy and Ashley to the left in the background



These 3 went to kindergarten together, now they are looking so grown up.

Grayson loves her biggest brother


The Group

Best Friends Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment