Sunday, March 14, 2010

Savor the Sweet Moments in the Midst of Chaos.....

Ok, I'm finally getting around to providing an update.  Last week was crazy busy! Some weeks it seems like its a test to see just how many things/activities we can cram in a week.  Thanks to the rain last week canceling a few baseball practices and track meet, we actually made it through. Ever since I got my new sewing machine and decided to enhance my sewing skills, I never have any free time it seems.  The weeks just keep getting busier. I really want to have just  few hours to devote to my sewing. I have however finished the curtains in my keeping room and breakfast area and made Grayson a cute little outfit (don't be too critical, it's my first).

Sewing is definitely fun and relaxing, I really want to get better at it. Enough about me....I have a cute story that I can't leave here without mentioning.  Last week in the midst of our craziness there were a few moments with the kids where I couldn't help but stop and laugh.  Grayson is in second grade at the same school that all 3 of her brothers attended for second grade as well.  She has been hearing about this field trip that they all took in second grade to Turner Field where the Braves play, so as you can imagine they have told her about it and she wanted to go too.  Well, I'm not sure the school was even considering that as one of their field trips this year, but Grayson in her sweet little mind thought they would go.  She thought she would get to go just as her brothers did.  Well...Grayson came home from school the other day and proudly announced to me that they had canceled all field trips until... as she put it "get this little budget thingy worked out".  She then very proudly said, "I guess I won't get to go to TURNIP FIELD after all".  As you can imagine it was so cute and funny.  She and Kanon have a way with words sometimes that is just too cute.  I love the innocence she maintains. These are the moments that I can't get enough of.  They seem to be passing by so fast. The children are growing so fast and sometimes I find myself wanting them to be babies once again, especially the teenagers. But I know growing up is part of the process and there will be other moments to capture my heart just as these do. Blessings until next time................

No comments:

Post a Comment